Originally Posted by SURE LOCK 510

truth..

We know what it was like to record a song off the radio with a cassette tape
cut that !##$ off right before the DJs come back on
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
and before commercials
smokin.gif

Or when you had to tape something off tv because you couldn't watch.....there was no on demand or watching it over the interwebz...dial up ftl
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

i remember playin in the woods...i thought i heard something and thought it was a rapist...i pee'd on myself...SMH
or maybe you just got wet for the 1st time?
nerd.gif

trust me that was not it...i was seriously scared for my life...

I didn't have cable until I was 12.....remember watching Fresh Prince, Saved By the Bell and Golden Girls only

Recording music videos on VHS long before the DVR was invented..........had Easy-E "Real Compton City G's" we used to watch that video likeeveryday
laugh.gif

i remember playin in the woods...i thought i heard something and thought it was a rapist...i pee'd on myself...SMH
nerd.gif

or maybe you just peed yourself and used fear as an excuse to everyone that found out and laughed at you
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by 5dividedby4

I've said it once and I'll say it again. There's something wrong with these 90's kids. They just ain't right I tell ya.

And the 70's Generation said the samething about the 80's kids.

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

Originally Posted by Lrrr

Originally Posted by SURE LOCK 510

truth..

We know what it was like to record a song off the radio with a cassette tape
cut that !##$ off right before the DJs come back on
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
and before commercials
smokin.gif
Or when you had to tape something off tv because you couldn't watch.....there was no on demand or watching it over the interwebz...dial up ftl
laugh.gif

Hangin Wit Mr. Cooper episodes on VHS
Born in '82 and can remember playing Oregon Trail on apple computers with black and green screens....I definitly don't miss that. Technology FTW

used to try and sit in the library all day in elem. school...all we wanted to do was getting enough money to get bullets to hunt those damn buffalo and deer...
laugh.gif
one of the best if not THE best PC game EVER...
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Lrrr

nerd.gif

or maybe you just peed yourself and used fear as an excuse to everyone that found out and laughed at you
nerd.gif

mad.gif
it was me my brother my bff and my dog...

i remember sitting up watching the video station The Box waiting for Outkast's southernplayalisticcadillacmusik video to come on because my cousin told meand my older brothers he was in the video...

man i've been saying the exact same thing. when i was a kid all i did was play outside. manhunt
pimp.gif
kids these days just stay in on the internet. even mylittle brothers and sisters are like that.
We know what its like to knock on somebody's door and ask their parents if they were home.
haha those were the days when noone had cell phones

Iwas born in '85 but if you were born before '88 then you will understand this.....

We are the last children...the last generation of growing up without the internet. We grew up in the 80's/early 90's....this is when kids had lives. During this era kids had no choice but to go outside because the only thing poppin inside was Nintendo/Sega or some VHS tapes. From the city to burbs we had a crew of friends and just went out and about. We went on little missions to the corner store or in the woods or whatever. We played ball in the park til it got dark or the street lights came on. We played football in the streets. We rode bikes. We knocked on doors and ran. We ate candy and looked at dirty magazines. We had school clothes and play clothes. We seen Michael Jordan play. We had trading cards. We watched cartoons on Saturdays.

We are the last children...we didn't have swag. We didn't have myspace, facebook, twitter or whatever to connect us with people who we don't give a damn about. We didn't have our JV basketball roster posted on the school website. We couldn't google anybody, anything, anywhere. We didn't download music. We didn't have thousands of pictures of ourselves.

We are the last children because we didn't a cell phone to Jr/Sr year of high school. And that phone had a green background with black text. That phone was for calling/texting/snake/tetris and chirping if you was ballin.

This is not to hate on the younger generation but I feel for you guys. We know what its like to have peace and quiet. We know what its like to knock on somebody's door and ask their parents if they were home. We know what its like to call a girl on her house phone and hope she answers before her mama do. We know what it's like play a video game get all the way to the end and not be able to save your progress. We know what it was like to record a song off the radio with a cassette tape. We seen Michael Jackson when he was black.

I feel for the younger generation because every song has a sample from a older song, every movie is a remake of an older movie or cartoon. It's really sad the lack of oringinal entertainment these days. Every shoe you guys get is a retro or fusion. I feel for you guys. Trying to bring back high top fades and 80's fashion....why? Make your own mark on history.

We are the last children. I fear that we are slowly losing touch with reality. These kids are growing up soft, they are eating horrible, they getting fat, they don't have people skills, and by 18 they can't even get a date. As much good technology has done it has done bad. Please discuss NT.
fab36ebf3503fbffd9ba0fc7e403fb03e1756aac.jpg

"Beautiful..."

92' baby checking in. I would have to respectfully disagree. From my perspective, we grew up in the perfect time. Right when technology was on the cusp ofmaking a big boom. Those experiences you talked about, for the most part I can relate. And I understand what you mean, but why do we have to look at it as"We saw michael jordan play" or "We saw Mike jackson when he was black," why can't it be "We get to see O.J. and KB play" or"We get to use the latest sidekick," etc. Why does our generation's positives have to be a negative?

You guys generation was dope no doubt, but 90's babies aren't no slouches either.

Im not done.......

My man said Apple computers and Oregon Trail....remember the printer paper with the bread crust tear off. We didn't txt in class we passed notes. We readbooks for the Pizza Hut book-it program...all that for a personal pan. We had starter jackets. We knew how to draw. We had action figures. We thoughtJurassic Park was crazy. We had scratch and sniff stickers and them smelly markers. We aint have X-box Live we had Sega in the house. We went to Arcades andplayed against people for quarters. We thought Killer Instinct had the best graphics ever. I swear man. We had NBA on NBC triple headers....that was theonly time I was in the house.

Now we got 4th grade AAU soccer championships in Orlando....like why. They ain't pros. We got kids that are mini corporations before middle school. These kids need a childhood man.

Are you dissing the new generation?

We knew how to draw? Are you serious? Sure we now have photoshop and paint, but we still draw.

someone post one of yalls famous clapping .gifs or somethin ... op just posted the truest @#!+ ive ever seen ... yeah back in the day day, people didnt evenhave phones and we have benefited from technology a great deal, but kids now have no hope ... theres positive and negative technological advancement ...

Can't forget the music.

The late 80's early 90's era will never be topped.

Originally Posted by shoeking2101

92' baby checking in. I would have to respectfully disagree. From my perspective, we grew up in the perfect time. Right when technology was on the cusp of making a big boom. Those experiences you talked about, for the most part I can relate. And I understand what you mean, but why do we have to look at it as "We saw michael jordan play" or "We saw Mike jackson when he was black," why can't it be "We get to see O.J. and KB play" or "We get to use the latest sidekick," etc. Why does our generation's positives have to be a negative?

You guys generation was dope no doubt, but 90's babies aren't no slouches either.
/thread

No disrespect to 80's babies, but every generation is different and that's just how it is. Like that one guy in here said, 70's babies said thesame thing about you guys, and I'm already saying the same things about 00's babies, so get used to it.

Back
Top Bottom