Dat feel when a random person comes up to you and compliments ur kicks

Its not as hard or time consuming as you think.

Finding out a release date takes a google search, as far as buying the shoes, either you make the trip or try online. If you strike out, oh well on to the next.

Its only as much effort as you put into it.
I know what you're saying and I agree.

The majority of shoes that get compliments (unless it's just a bright colored pair of kicks) usually involve a good amount of the things I mentioned. I'm not saying it's a huge pain or anything, but what I'm getting at is why anyone would do those things specifically for the "status" that a certain pair has and then get upset when people acknowledge that status?

Last edited:

I was referring to the process of getting the shoes that NTers usually go through. Whether it's doing research and keeping track of release dates, camping out, using a bot, paying a good amount of money, or getting a certain colorway of shoes. If I wasn't into kicks I'd just be getting the coolest looking pair they had a Kohls or something. 
laugh.gif

Finding out a release date takes a google search, as far as buying the shoes, either you make the trip or try online. If you strike out, oh well on to the next.

It rally is a lot of effort. When is the last time you saw a pair of og retro coloways of a pair of jordans on the shelf of a footlocker 2 days after retail? not everybody has time to camp out and click buttons at midnight.

I enjoy it, I don't have many associates/friends that I know that are interested in the same things as me so I find it cool sometimes.

The majority of shoes that get compliments (unless it's just a bright colored pair of kicks) usually involve a good amount of the things I mentioned. I'm not saying it's a huge pain or anything, but what I'm getting at is why anyone would do those things specifically for the "status" that a certain pair has and then get upset when people acknowledge that status?
Maybe cuz some of us don't do it for "status".

It's cool but it doesn't necessarily mean they're interested or want the D...so I'm not moved by it.

Back to the OP it's not about being anti social....

It's annoying because someone is interrupting what I'm doing or where I'm going to have a meaningless conversation to satisfy their curiosity or get some useless info.

And it's awkward because I don't wanna be a jerk about the situation

I've had dudes come shake my hand then sit by me at PRO AM basketball games trying to talk shoes :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface:
2jt5je2zmxk1i832cma6tjyen.400x226x41.gif

I really don't want to talk about shoes when I am chilling with my lady. It's just not that serious to me anymore. Plus when you do tell dudes the truth they hit you with the stone face like you are lying(had this happen with my Huf Quake Air Max 1)...
But if not wanting attention is "anti-social" then call me King...
Lol

Status isn't limited to what the majority of people consider to be cool, it includes several other things as well.

For example some of my friends would mess with me for rocking Gil's Adidas line while they were wearing the latest Nikes, but it meant something to me because they're something my favorite NBA player actually wore on the court. They had the status of being a player's sig shoe whether or not some people thought they were as cool as other shoes.

Whether it be popularity, meaning, or even performance, the majority of people into sneakers will buy due to some form of status. Those kicks that do have one or many of these factors generally require the extra effort I was talking about to obtain them. I didn't mean status in solely a negative, attention-seeking way.

Last edited:
I don't mind the compliments and/or small talk if I happen to be wearing some shoes that others would consider nice or "heat."  It's better than people just staring and whispering.

Reminds me of when I went to the Philippines 3 years ago for vacation.  Took 4 pairs of shoes with me: Grinch Kobes and Chaos Kobe VI, Jumpman Pro Strongs, and some Misfit slipons.  Whenever I'd go to the malls, I'd get stares from people when I wore either of the Kobe VIs.  At shoe stores, the employees would just look at my feet and talk amongst themselves.  Some would ask where I got them from, and I'd tell them I'm from Cali and got it from back home.  Even had someone yell out "KOBE RICE" when I wore my Chaos.  Interestingly enough, the Pro Strongs got the most attention, because they had a Jordan logo, but nobody knew what they were.

Filipinos have a staring habit period. Those dudes will burn holes in you with their eyes if your a Filipino American. 
laugh.gif

Back in 09 I was heavy into SB's, wore my De La Souls Highs everywhere I went...stares for days.

Most compliements i get are people who talk about how long my eye lashes are. Pretty weird and :pimp: at the same time because females love them

Last edited:
better feel:

when you notice you have more swag, confidence, and yambs with your $65 runners than the guy that dropped over $200 for his kicks he may wear only a few times...

:pimp:

Dat feel when only males are complimenting your kicks. Weight Whut???

A lot of grumpy guys in here

I always just say thanks… if you don't like it then just wear some rick owens/lanvin/common projects and nobody will ever know what heat you have on your feet. hahahahhaha

I don't mind compliments, but when they try to buy them off your feet it's just weird.  Like this one time I was taking a leak and this dude offered to buy a pair of Chicago 10s I was wearing. 
indifferent.gif

I don't mind compliments, but when they try to buy them off your feet it's just weird.  Like this one time I was taking a leak and this dude offered to buy a pair of Chicago 10s I was wearing. :stoneface:
Someone tried this while I was changing in the gym locker rooms.

This dude just changed the definition of status to make his point
laugh.gif
mean.gif
laugh.gif

I knew someone would say that but I really didn't though

Status- the relative social, professional, or other standing of someone or something

Key words are other standing. Shoes can be of different standing in terms of performance/quality, like I said.

Last edited:
I hate when they compliment them, then just stare at them and proceed to bother another stranger by pointing them out.

[thread="585993"] [/thread]

Just because someone doesn't do something for the status doesn't mean that people wont interpret it that way.

Its like owning a nice car.... not everyone who drives a nice car does it for the status, but onlookers will still make assumptions regardless of your intention.

Dat feel...when you no longer need validation from other people to feel good bout yourself. :pimp:

Reactions: jjs
Back
Top Bottom