Financial Empowerment/Motivation Thread Vol. Let's Get It

Originally Posted by Mycoldyourdone

Originally Posted by SCOTTY PIMPIN

I know a guy worked and saved up 50,000; than opened a sandwich spot and now he's clocking $100,000 a year. Took him about 5 years but he's livid comfortable with a nice crib and BMW. Takes trips every 4 months. He worked his butt from 20 years old to 25 and now he's good. You gotta sacrifice and preserver.

jamestravel.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ricky409

Originally Posted by KidJoke

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

Financial Motivational thread in disguise?

My first step in my plan has already been accomplished, quit buying shoes! Feels good man
quoted again for emphasis.

i was able to cop a motorcycle since i stop buying shoes!

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

and an extra
pimp.gif
 to kidjoke for that avy...

covert coup = album of the year.

all you did was take one indulgence and replaced it with something else

Originally Posted by Brolic Scholar

Small minded people annoy me. I'm looking through this thread and reading some of the responses and I'm hearing nothing but hate. But it's not even hate against US who are on our way to success, it's self-hate because they can't open their minds wide enough to fit a vision of their own success.

If I told you doubters where I was two years ago you might not believe me. If I told you how bad I had messed up my life, you might laugh at me, so I'll save it...

But my like minded brothers and sisters know THIS, you can change your habits and your focus to achieve your goals. Don't be afraid to work. Don't be afraid to face your past failures, pick them apart and learn from them. Find someone who came from nothing to become something and if you don't ask them anything, just go see how they're living. Go see that big house and the comforts they've earned and promise yourself that you can at the very least get to where they are. Why? Because you know exactly how they did it. But why stop there? Take it farther.

Go get exactly what you want out of life.
Yo! bro, thank you.. Your posts in this thread are.
pimp.gif

@brolic scholar what do you mean by play dumb and make smart moves & be a silent king exactly?

That's pretty self explanatory.
Not everyone is rooting for you and sometime it's best to keep your mouth shut.
Under promise and over deliver.
Strategic moves.

Originally Posted by amel223

Originally Posted by KidJoke
quoted again for emphasis.

i was able to cop a motorcycle since i stop buying shoes!

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

and an extra
pimp.gif
 to kidjoke for that avy...

covert coup = album of the year.

not really fambs.

1. the motorcycle i got gets 40-50 mpg... my Impala gets 25.
2. if something happens to my car, i have a mode of transportation, so i wont be rushing to get something fixed/new
3. it boosted my dealings with the credit union cuz i paid it back the next week.
4. got a really good deal, and after i put maybe $500 into, i could sell it for 20% more than what i copped it for.

i just said i copped the bike after slowing down on shoes to show how much shoes actually will eat up your income.

Originally Posted by amel223

not really fambs.

1. the motorcycle i got gets 40-50 mpg... my Impala gets 25.
2. if something happens to my car, i have a mode of transportation, so i wont be rushing to get something fixed/new
3. it boosted my dealings with the credit union cuz i paid it back the next week.
4. got a really good deal, and after i put maybe $500 into, i could sell it for 20% more than what i copped it for.

i just said i copped the bike after slowing down on shoes to show how much shoes actually will eat up your income.

It's not even close to being like shoes. Ricky, you going to go out and start buying more motorcycles whenever you see one you like?

Shoes we'll buy no matter how many pairs we have. And we always have to get heat. That can be an issue if you're strapped for cash.

He didn't go out and buy the flyest Ducati, he got something that was a good deal and will actually use, unlike all the kicks in a shoe collection.

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

In order to become a millionaire you must forget about "living like one".

Millionaires become millionaires by saving their money and not wasting it on depreciating assets like flashy material goods.

This is questionable as well and stems from America's puritan traditions. 
As long as you spend within your means you're fine. There are plenty of folks who became millionaires and did not live an austere lifestyle in the process. 

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Millionaires become millionaires by saving their money and not wasting it on depreciating assets like flashy material goods.

As long as you spend within your means your fine. There are plenty of folks who became millionaires and did not live an austere lifestyle in the process. 
preach on waw

Can I add that when you sound intelligent, "look like money", and network a lot of money making opportunites present themselve

As long as you spend within your means your fine. There are plenty of folks who became millionaires and did not live an austere lifestyle in the process. 
Perhaps, but if you ready Thomas Stanley's study on millionaires in Millionaire Next Door you'll find that most millionaires drive average family cars that they purchased with cash (Ford F150 being the most popular among them), have a watch from Walmart, and are likely to be self employed and/or first generation immigrants.

That book will completely change your whole worldview and how you handle and invest money.

Originally Posted by crcballer55

Perhaps, but if you ready Thomas Stanley's study on millionaires in Millionaire Next Door you'll find that most millionaires drive average family cars that they purchased with cash (Ford F150 being the most popular among them), have a watch from Walmart, and are likely to be self employed and/or first generation immigrants.

That book will completely change your whole worldview and how you handle and invest money.

. I agree very good book but the thing is these dudes don't want to be "that" kind of millionaire they want to be a BMF type of millionaire

Originally Posted by crcballer55

I haven't read that book and I won't read it. If those books had some secret then they wouldn't be on sale for $9.41 on Amazon. 
People acquire wealth through various means and paths. There are various degrees of wealth as well. A 401k millionaire cannot afford to live lavish as it is. Lots os Americans are 401k millionaires. Even more are net worth millionaires. Whether they're millionaires in the real sense of the word is debatable. 

True millionaires (especially new money) tend to not have a problem with spending a little. 

I sorta disagree because if that was the case how would luxury brands and other things most of us can't afford in abundance be in business? I know millionaires and trust me all of them aren't living cheap like they Warren Buffet or somebody like that. What ever your financials are if you keep it within reason I feel you'll be okay. Alot of folks mess up trying to "live like millionaires" so I agree with that part. Edit: see wawa typed basically the same thing before me

I think Malcolm Gladwell's book, Outliers talks about how it takes hardwork, a lot of luck, and timing to become succcesful.

Scared $ Don't make $ simple as that you gotta get out of your comfort zone and roll the dice.Some people luck up on the 1st go around others don't the whole point is to keep trying.

You gotta have some type of knowledge of where you are heading and what is required when you get there to maintain position.

Everything comes with a price so you gotta be willing to sacrifice.

Its not about who you know it's about who knows you so you better network and leave an impression.

Know your self worth and don't sell your self short.

Think out the box .

Learn the difference between a BOSS and a WORKER.

Oh and another major thing is this surround yourself with people above or doing better than you (If you around the same #%%@ you get the same #%%@ every time)

If you're too caught up on a monetary goal, you're bound to have trouble focusing on whatever task it is you need to be doi that will actually get you there. I'm seeing a lot of "it can be done, I need to think this way, etc." posts... That's not how it's done. You're most likely to actually find something you're good at an expanding upon it repeatedly. Once you have exhausted the expansion of that means, start another and repeat the process.

I met a guy who came to America via boat at age five from Vietnam with no money. He bused tables until he could become a waiter. Waited tables until he could become a manager. Managed until he could open his own franchise. Owned his franchise until he could open his own business in another field. And has now expanded that business to be one of the most thriving ones in the city.

I know another man who came to America at a young age from Mexico. Lived in a home with dirt floors out there, came here knowing no English. Got a job sweeping floors at a factory. Busted his %+# there and kept proving that he was worth the next position above his current one. Now, he's e top guy there--only person above him is the owner. Has a big house, and everybody in his household that's over 16 has a car, and he has an extra sportscar to play with.

Then I know lots of people who just went to school for high-paying careers and came out making low six-figure salaries.

You have to invest into something--money and time. If you're not going to break bread for the higher education and pursue one of those careers, you better not only be prepared to, but actually go out there and bust your %+# like there's mo tomorrow. Unless you have an in or some sort of inheritance, nothing much is going to come even remotely easily.

to paraphrase chris rock. *!@! rich lets get wealthy. a rich guy can blow through his money in once crazy summer with a drug habit. mchammer used to be rich.

i will admit i did not read the thread lol.

Originally Posted by wHo NicE as HiM

Originally Posted by Nikekidwonder

Originally Posted by wHo NicE as HiM

laugh.gif

<---college educated 

but still 
laugh.gif
 @ the institutional thinking
What institutional thinking ? explain 
it's way easier to be successful with a degree than without? really?

i dropped out of college, yeah i have a degree but i know people with higher degrees that me and make 8 dollars and hour.
me i'm self-employed and my career has nothing to do with what i went to school for.

it's 2011 and mark zuckerberg dropped out one of the most prestigious ivy league schools in america and is worth 850 million.

there's divorced housewifes in realestate that gross 500K yearly with no college education...like dude said yeah it was needed for baby boomers
but not for us...y-gens and i-gens
You can't really bring people like Mark Zuckerberg or someone like Bill Gates into arguements like this. He had facebook and Gates had Microsoft. Both realized that %$%# was going to be huge and decided to work full time towards their stuff instead of finishing school. Also, they both attended Harvard. That's not the school for the average person.

At the end of the day, when you're applying for a job, assuming both people have the same amount of experience in the field, the one with the degree will be more appealing.

Back
Top Bottom