Financial Empowerment/Motivation Thread Vol. Let's Get It

Posting again, the best way to become rich is to be disciplined, determined, and go into business for yourself. You will never become rich linin the pockets of the next man.

Originally Posted by scshift

Originally Posted by ricky409

Originally Posted by amel223

all you did was take one indulgence and replaced it with something else
not really fambs.

1. the motorcycle i got gets 40-50 mpg... my Impala gets 25.
2. if something happens to my car, i have a mode of transportation, so i wont be rushing to get something fixed/new
3. it boosted my dealings with the credit union cuz i paid it back the next week.
4. got a really good deal, and after i put maybe $500 into, i could sell it for 20% more than what i copped it for.

i just said i copped the bike after slowing down on shoes to show how much shoes actually will eat up your income.

It's not even close to being like shoes. Ricky, you going to go out and start buying more motorcycles whenever you see one you like?

Shoes we'll buy no matter how many pairs we have. And we always have to get heat. That can be an issue if you're strapped for cash.

He didn't go out and buy the flyest Ducati, he got something that was a good deal and will actually use, unlike all the kicks in a shoe collection.

went thru my apt today and seen all the deadstock kicks i got.

sick.gif
sick.gif

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

frown.gif
frown.gif

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

so much wasted mney.

Advice on becoming a billionaire from a bunch of broke NTers... makes as much sense as a tutorial by ninjahood on uploading pictures.

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Originally Posted by crcballer55

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

This is questionable as well and stems from America's puritan traditions. 
As long as you spend within your means your fine. There are plenty of folks who became millionaires and did not live an austere lifestyle in the process. 
Perhaps, but if you ready Thomas Stanley's study on millionaires in Millionaire Next Door you'll find that most millionaires drive average family cars that they purchased with cash (Ford F150 being the most popular among them), have a watch from Walmart, and are likely to be self employed and/or first generation immigrants.

That book will completely change your whole worldview and how you handle and invest money.
I haven't read that book and I won't read it. If those books had some secret then they wouldn't be on sale for $9.41 on Amazon. 
People acquire wealth through various means and paths. There are various degrees of wealth as well. A 401k millionaire cannot afford to live lavish as it is. Lots os Americans are 401k millionaires. Even more are net worth millionaires. Whether they're millionaires in the real sense of the word is debatable. 

True millionaires (especially new money) tend to not have a problem with spending a little.
It's only a secret if you don't find out about it.  His book has been around for 16 years now and most "successful" people already know about it.  The same goes for Napoleon Hill's Think and Grow Rich that came out in 1937.  You don't always have to pay a king's ransom for high quality information.  Sometimes you just have to reach out and grab it.

Even Mark Zuckerberg wouldn't be confused with most millionaires if you was him walking down the street when he lived in a modest house in Palo Alto hunting his own food.  But the guy is the youngest billionaire ever and can buy almost anything he could want.  The same goes for a surprising percentage of people on the Forbes 100 list.  Warren Buffet and most of the Walton kids also live fairly average lifestyles compared to their level of wealth

In reality, you can make a high five figure salary or a low six figure, and still be "rich." Keys are: 1)have your money make money, 2)keep the money moving (stocks, investments, etc.), and properly manage your money.

Originally Posted by Peteweezy

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

In order to become a millionaire you must forget about "living like one".

Millionaires become millionaires by saving their money and not wasting it on depreciating assets like flashy material goods.

I sorta disagree because if that was the case how would luxury brands and other things most of us can't afford in abundance be in business? I know millionaires and trust me all of them aren't living cheap like they Warren Buffet or somebody like that. What ever your financials are if you keep it within reason I feel you'll be okay. Alot of folks mess up trying to "live like millionaires" so I agree with that part. Edit: see wawa typed basically the same thing before me
Credit.
Wearing a watch from walmart when you are sitting on millions is one thing. 

But it needs to go with mention that if you can't live within your means and sacrifice, you are not going to become a self made millionaire. 

Originally Posted by 216301baller

@brolic scholar what do you mean by play dumb and make smart moves & be a silent king exactly?

D StaXX summed it up, but I'm gonna put my own little twist on it.

In chess the King is the most important piece on the board. That's you. All the other pieces are expendable. When you make moves in life you are trying to advance yourself toward your goal. To show your hand by talking loud, bragging or exposing your strategy is only gonna make things more difficult for you. As the King you must know how to use those around you to your advantage. It may be something as small as a hookup or as big as a connect. Try to never burn bridges in life because everyone becomes useful at some point...

Playing dumb... People like to think they know something that the next person doesn't. Maybe you know more than someone, why tell them that though? Let them give you information for free. Maybe all information doesn't seem useful. Take your job for instance. Someone's gossip about so and so's work history may not seem like useful information, but little things like that come in handy sometimes. Maybe they know someone you need to know. Maybe they're screwing up and it becomes an opportunity for you down the line. Maybe they're "doing you a favor" by giving you more responsibility, but are only using you to do their job for nothing, while they get the recognition and better pay. By playing dumb you are able to turn things in your favor when necessary.

There's 3 ways: 1. Working hard with a great/innovative idea using your capabilities and networking to make it successful..... 2. By luck/ chance..

And the most common way....

3. Start off rich from inheritance...

Also by the way if one's sole premise to do things is become rich.... You got it all wrong.. You should be shooting for wealthy...

Originally Posted by Brolic Scholar

Originally Posted by 216301baller

@brolic scholar what do you mean by play dumb and make smart moves & be a silent king exactly?

D StaXX summed it up, but I'm gonna put my own little twist on it.

In chess the King is the most important piece on the board. That's you. All the other pieces are expendable. When you make moves in life you are trying to advance yourself toward your goal. To show your hand by talking loud, bragging or exposing your strategy is only gonna make things more difficult for you. As the King you must know how to use those around you to your advantage. It may be something as small as a hookup or as big as a connect. Try to never burn bridges in life because everyone becomes useful at some point...

Playing dumb... People like to think they know something that the next person doesn't. Maybe you know more than someone, why tell them that though? Let them give you information for free. Maybe all information doesn't seem useful. Take your job for instance. Someone's gossip about so and so's work history may not seem like useful information, but little things like that come in handy sometimes. Maybe they know someone you need to know. Maybe they're screwing up and it becomes an opportunity for you down the line. Maybe they're "doing you a favor" by giving you more responsibility, but are only using you to do their job for nothing, while they get the recognition and better pay. By playing dumb you are able to turn things in your favor when necessary.

Hmmmmmmmm.......interesting

Anyone can get wealthy, but it's hard to be filthy rich without something ingenious. You either have to start off with a huge base (inheritance) or have a game changing sort of idea. The only 'realistic' way to get rich is to have an engineering or computer science background, make some sort of company and get bought out. I have 4 close friends that have done this. At the age of 25 they all have at least a million to their name already. Now with that base, they can take a risk, invest, etc and get to the upper tier through smarts, timing and hard work. Getting to the stage they are at is the biggest hurdle. I know what my limitations are and how to work within them. I am going the 'hard work' route and by 29 want to have a job where I make 150k or more per year. To do this I am doing a dual MBA, and master's program. Once I save enough money, then gotta roll the dice and make some moves. Whether that be buying franchises, investing in real estate, doing short term trading, or simply just stacking slowly it'll eventually get there. Getting wealthy is a lifetime process. It sucks not coming from money, but I know the hard work I do will pay off for generations of my family to come.

God you guys don't even have the slightest clue, most of you have to face the reality that wealth isn't for everyone, secondly most of you wouldn't make the SACRIFICES that have to
be made to be even a millionaire. We are talking about complete and utter dedication to a craft that you are passionate about and know the ends and outs of. No chasng women,
hanging with friends,family and playing NBA 2k whatever everyday for hours. Just you God, ambition, knowing and a "true" never say die attitude. Most of you are ready to jump off a
building if a girl breaks your heart. Don't let a business plan, or project you have been working on night and day for months or years be turned down several times!!!!Material wealth
from nothing is a literal sacrifice of life which is time and is irreplaceable. Are you willing to sacrifice your life for just money or something you really believe in? Passion always trumps
money and the only really successful people are passionate about their work. Dedicate yourself to a craft and stay completely in tune with what is going on around you beyond the 5
senses. Also turn your talents into something marketable and have a business plan. Hard work is not an automatic in, and frankly the perceived "luck" is actually knowing when the
right time is to strike. You create your reality whether or not you believe that. Being rich and driving big fancy cars isn't as incredible as it's marketed to you. I get a lot of +$%* from
most of you but one thing I swear at the feet of God is that I know a lot of filthy rich people, hell some of them you guys know because they are famous. I know them personally and
I promise you most of them in some way are social pariahs. There are world famous celebrities I know that YOU have more fun then socially. Where you lose is that these dudes love
what they do so much that it's obsessive.Cats in the studio literally for 15 16 hours a day getting like 30 hours of sleep a week. Dudes flying all over the globe sleeping on planes
just to get investors for businesses. Most people don't even know that the main reason dudes always rock sun glasses during interviews is because they have monster bags under
their eyes and they look like +$%*. Really it's on you with how far you are willing to take it, that college degree is a workers permit it's not a proof to ownership or as we say, "proof
you can own some +$%*." +$%* it's 3 a.m. and I'm working right now! Speaking of which............

I certainly don't need a million dollars to feel like I am doing exceedingly well, 150K and I am set. I have an excellent and legal plan in place. It is well thought out, relatively simple and straight forward. It's certainly no "get rich quick" scheme but it is one that I will be able to multiply my earnings every year or two and diversify/strengthen my business experience.
Starting at $75K then to $135K then to  $225K to $375K........ basically just repeat the same steps over and over every 12 to 18 months, keep flipping over the money. Of course you have to figure out a way to come up with a good $50K-75K to start but once you do the snowball begins. 

Originally Posted by WISEPHAROAH

This thread came at the right time.

Just Saturday night I was getting home from work after 10, while a friend of mine and his wife had just arrived at my house to pick up their daughter, whom my wife was watching for the night. He and his wife came in to talk for a while and dude started asking about my upcoming schedule and I told him. His reply, "when will you have time to sleep?" I simply told him, "after I reach my goals."

Back
Top Bottom