Is It Rude/Pretentious To Request Guests To Take Their Shoes Off Upon Entering Your Home?

Is It Rude/Pretentious To Request Guests To Take Their Shoes Off Upon Entering Your Home?

• Total voters
Nobody is denying that goodfella.

we are simply saying, we clean our homes regardless, so it doesn’t matter. Also very rare that I have guests over, I don’t give my address out.
Well, if he said, "I wipe them off IT they are dirty" is insinuating there are times in which he DOESN'T wipe them off. Deductive reason tells me he is saying his shoes AREN'T always dirty.

:rofl: @ Taking of Tires.

The ball is dirty too.

2 strikes!

:rofl: I thought about that after i posted it.

To your earlier point: no the bottom of my shoes aren't 'clean' to the point that I'd lick them but they definitely aren't dirty to the point that I'm afraid they'd damage my health if I wear them in the house.

So y’all don’t check your outfits out????

y’all just throw clothes on and pickup your shoes outside the door?

this is getting weirder and weirder. Feel like I’m being trolled.
Don't even know what you're talking about anymore.

There'll be a designated place to put your shoes. It's called a closet.

Why the **** would you leave them outside? :lol:

Dont need to tell grandma anything. She taking off her shoes at the door. Same way she made all of us do the same when we would go to her place.

I don't have feeble grandparents with a lack of balance and nobody slipping on carpet or bare wood floor.

Imma throw any event I want and you gonna do what I say if you show up or get thrown the **** out.

Shouldnt matter at all :lol:

Walk barefoot then *****.

You gonna be doing all that bullying from the porch in the cold :lol:

you gotta come better than that. Weak response.

Of your hardwood floors are slippery, it’s not clean or it’s old.

:rofl: I thought about that after i posted it.

To your earlier point: no the bottom of my shoes aren't 'clean' to the point that I'd lick them but they definitely aren't dirty to the point that I'm afraid they'd damage my health if I wear them in the house.
So you expect to be able to visibly SEE the potency of the dirt on the bottom of your shoes?

Sure, you can see the AMOUNT of dirt but how do you use your eyes to measure the likelihood of specific DIRTS causing harm to your body? :lol:

Well, if he said, "I wipe them off IT they are dirty" is insinuating there are times in which he DOESN'T wipe them off. Deductive reason tells me he is saying his shoes AREN'T always dirty.

Dirty compared to germs, bacteria and viruses are different. You’re a smaht guy, all janitors I know are pretty smaht.

you gotta come better than that. Weak response.
Im not thinking up creative responses.

Just the facts.

Of your hardwood floors are slippery, it’s not clean or it’s old.
The nerve of you telling me when hardwood floors are clean :lol:

As if I spend time walking around my own house in socks testing that out :lol:

Last edited:
Im not thinking up creative respinses.

Just the facts.

The nerve of you telling me when hardwood floors are clean :lol:

As if I spend time walking around my own house in socks testing it out

you just said you don’t clean your floors because their is no need since you don’t allow shoes.

well guess what when those people remove their shoes? They’re socks are gonna get dirty.

be respectful young whippersnapper.

you just said you don’t clean your floors because their is no need since you don’t allow shoes.
When the **** was this said?

Please go back and quote it asap.

My dude just made up his own narrative and ran with it :rofl:

Don't confuse not cleaning hardwood floors EVERY DAY with not cleaning them at all.

well guess what when those people remove their shoes? They’re socks are gonna get dirty.

be respectful young whippersnapper.
When I think about it more I dont want you with your stink socks and feet in my house anyway. Too much of a hassle.

Just gonna tell you we removing all the floors in my house so you don't show up.

Oh so you just started because of the coronavirus. We talking about germs or viruses or dirt? They are not created equal.

I feel like germaphobia(which isn’t even a word) is a first world problem. It’s people in the world eating and cooking food in the dirt and you talking about germs. It’s folks hunting animals, cooking and eating them off a stick...and you talking about germs. People bathe in rivers and you talking about germs. If you haven’t learned anything in 2020, know that the battle against germs is petty and futile.

Again germ and bacteria =/= viruses.COVID-19 ain’t got nothing to do with this conversation. No, viruses do not come from germs or bacteria. Just keep your carpet clean b

Cats really in here justifying allowing people to walk inside their cribs with fecal matter. "You gonna tell your parents to take off their shoes ?" I wouldn't have to, cause they raised me this way. An associate I know wears shoes in their home. They invite me to parties and other functions and I either I don't go or if I do, I never eat. I'll only take sealed products which is usually water. Can't trust to eat from someone who allows people in their home with shoes.

Oh so you just started because of the coronavirus. We talking about germs or viruses or dirt? They are not created equal.

I feel like germaphobia(which isn’t even a word) is a first world problem. It’s people in the world eating and cooking food in the dirt and you talking about germs. It’s folks hunting animals, cooking and eating them off a stick...and you talking about germs. People bathe in rivers and you talking about germs. If you haven’t learned anything in 2020, know that the battle against germs is petty and futile.

Again germ and bacteria =/= viruses.COVID-19 ain’t got nothing to do with this conversation. No, viruses do not come from germs or bacteria. Just keep your carpet clean b
I’ve never worn shoes in my house my whole life

I don’t know where you’re going with this

my point is you can’t see all the dirty **** on your shoes

therefore you shouldn’t wear shoes you’ve warn outside in your house

I don’t think this should be difficult for anyone to understand

I feel like germaphobia(which isn’t even a word)

Yes, mysophobia is the actual word.

I don’t know where you’re going with this

my point is you can’t see all the dirty **** on your shoes

therefore you shouldn’t wear shoes you’ve warn outside in your house

There's no point. I've mentioned it before; a lot of NTers just have this weird sense of ego and masculinity to admit that they've been doing something wrong their whole life, so they double down on it and instead try to make you look like the one who's wrong (instead of taking it as a lesson). Not sure where that mentality comes from.

Thankfully in real life I don't associate with people with these standards, so no point in continuing to debate about this topic.

Back
Top Bottom