Racism at Burberry? (Serious Advice, and opinions)

eyes.gif

she coulda just asked for help if it was really bothering her, if they refused that would be another thing...

Originally Posted by JustTheTip

Why would you let her send a grammatically incorrect letter? wouldn't that just reaffirm stuff?
style-span" style="font-size: xx-large;">She actin like this is the FIRST time this ever happened to her.

Get used to it?

I hate to say this, it being your mother and all, but that letter is terribly written. She tried too hard to sound intelligent, but writing is not her strong suit. That's not an insult, but a fact. Somebody should have proof-read or ghosted it for her.

You should have organized a sit-in. Or change-in, I guess that means you'd be in the changing room for a long time though. 

I don't see the racism here. Your mom is reaching. What does she hope to accomplish with that letter?

did your mom dress like she could afford burberry? I know when I walk into high end stores dressed in regular joe clothes, i never get any love. IMO it's not good business, but it's also not racism (if this was the case).

This is slightly off-topic but doesn't this always seem to happen? Not so much the racism but it seems that whenever you enter a store just to browse or something you get swarmed by the employees asking if you need something but the moment you go in and actually are IN NEED of assistance, you never get it.

She probably went in there with that focused "I know what i'm about to buy" face instead of the awkward confused face "oh where is it?" look.

Originally Posted by Lorizzle

did your mom dress like she could afford burberry? I know when I walk into high end stores dressed in regular joe clothes, i never get any love. IMO it's not good business, but it's also not racism (if this was the case).

don't think that matters...? i can walk in with basketball shorts and i'll still be approached
laugh.gif

i'm asian though

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

Am I the only person who likes to be left alone when I shop? Shopping while black works in my favor 80% of the time
laugh.gif
^ I prefer this method. Plus, I don't know about y'all but I get real hot when I shop, I hope it's not paranoia lol.

Don't some employees get paid on commission?
So I can see why they wouldn't want to waste their time helping your mom when
they can go help a white couple who is nicely dressed in Burberry.
Easy sales for them.

Originally Posted by recycledpaper

Originally Posted by Lorizzle

don't think that matters...? i can walk in with basketball shorts and i'll still be approached
laugh.gif

i'm asian though
My friends and I weren't approached at all when we browsed around the Burberry store on Michigan Ave. We don't dress in designer digs at all and weren't looking to buy anything either, tbh. We were wearing very regular clothing. White Jew, Indian, and Peruvian, since it seems to matters. 

THE WORST THING is when the sales person tries to talk black .. yo homie can I help.. what it do my brother.. whats good bra need help getting G'd up(this was Lacoste)

Originally Posted by Fade On You

To be honest, when i go into high end stores like that if im not greeted immediately i will walk out and not purchase anything.
This

Perhaps there was a set sales associate that was working the boots section, in which, had been taking a dookie at the the alleged time.

Originally Posted by beh235

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

Am I the only person who likes to be left alone when I shop? Shopping while black works in my favor 80% of the time
laugh.gif
^ I prefer this method. Plus, I don't know about y'all but I get real hot when I shop, I hope it's not paranoia lol.
Yea man me too.. I hate being harrassed while shopping.. like can I look around first? lol 

Originally Posted by Ginzo

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

that's one way to look at it,

going further, maybe she just wants to be recognized by writing the letter.

to be someone in Burberry's eye's

tired.gif
This and also I was
laugh.gif
ing at OP's mom's silly attempts to guilt trip the company.

"I could have ordered the boots online," maannn shut the hell up with that doo doo.
You knew it was cold so you should have stayed at home and ordered online.

I was also
laugh.gif
ing about her comment about herself, "I consider myself to be a smart, sophisticated and elegant forty-nine year old woman"

With all those grammar mistakes this is what the people at Burberry are doing.
Rex%2520business%2520people%2520laughing%2520in%2520office.jpg

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

At least she wasn't harassed in the store.  The worst thing is when the employees treat you like you're gonna steal something, and make it seem like they can afford the clothes in high-end designer stores.  I mean it doesn't take a rhodes scholar to know that they're not making anywhere near six-figures, so I don't get why they act like they are
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom