Racism at Burberry? (Serious Advice, and opinions)

To be honest, it's far too wordy and has way too much unnecessary information to be taken seriously.

To whom it may concern,

Upon entering your store on 1155 Connecticut Ave Washington, DC I found to my surprise that I was completely ignored by your staff, while others that did not share my black skin tone received service promptly. I felt as though, because I am black, I was treated as a lower class shopper, incapable of making a real purchase. As a 49 year old woman, I like to think that I am capable of accurately sensing prejudice by now. The situation made me feel marginalized and stereotyped.

Something like that would be more appropriate.

To be honest, when i go into high end stores like that if im not greeted immediately i will walk out and not purchase anything.

To be honest, when i go into high end stores like that if im not greeted immediately i will walk out and not purchase anything.

Wow I don't even think its that serious. She probably would've been just as mad if they were constantly showing her attention. Then it would be, "you're employees were following me bc I'm black". Sometimes people have to stop looking so far into these things. If anything its just bad service on the stores part. And I'm black if that matters at all....

Wow I don't even think its that serious. She probably would've been just as mad if they were constantly showing her attention. Then it would be, "you're employees were following me bc I'm black". Sometimes people have to stop looking so far into these things. If anything its just bad service on the stores part. And I'm black if that matters at all....

Originally Posted by keithsweatsjordans

yep, basically what i said, we can't win.

Originally Posted by youngwill500

Originally Posted by beh235

OP, I feel what your mom is saying, and of course we as Black people have all experienced this one time or another. I'm not hating and I don't mean to nitpick, but please if you are going to write a letter expressing disrespect or mistreatment in a retail store, please make sure it is grammatically correct. If it's not, you will not be taken seriously. Not only for Black people, but for anyone.

i can respect that.. i'm at school and she sent it without my knowing.. english is her 2nd language. spanish is her first..
^ Ahhh. Well that changes things. That's understandable then. Lo siento mucho, no se.

Originally Posted by youngwill500

Originally Posted by beh235

OP, I feel what your mom is saying, and of course we as Black people have all experienced this one time or another. I'm not hating and I don't mean to nitpick, but please if you are going to write a letter expressing disrespect or mistreatment in a retail store, please make sure it is grammatically correct. If it's not, you will not be taken seriously. Not only for Black people, but for anyone.

i can respect that.. i'm at school and she sent it without my knowing.. english is her 2nd language. spanish is her first..
^ Ahhh. Well that changes things. That's understandable then. Lo siento mucho, no se.

Originally Posted by keithsweatsjordans

yep, basically what i said, we can't win.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey
You can't post in this thread until SOMEONE acknowledges my joke on the first page.
frown.gif
ohwell.gif
tired.gif

Yall some high maintenance dudes. You really expect to be greeted in every store you go in?

Yall some high maintenance dudes. You really expect to be greeted in every store you go in?

So she didn't need assistance, but wanted to be asked if she needed assistance?

Diiiiivvvvaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! [snaps fingers in air]

So she didn't need assistance, but wanted to be asked if she needed assistance?

Diiiiivvvvaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! [snaps fingers in air]

So do you guys want the help or not? You guys say either way it's racism for one reason or the other? All I know is when I walk into some places like best buy and every single employee asks if I need help, that's just annoying. In OP's case though, in a nice store like that, she definitely should've gotten some attention

So do you guys want the help or not? You guys say either way it's racism for one reason or the other? All I know is when I walk into some places like best buy and every single employee asks if I need help, that's just annoying. In OP's case though, in a nice store like that, she definitely should've gotten some attention

Back
Top Bottom