Talk About Funny/Frustrating Stories That Deal With Your Parents Computer Illiteracy

Reading your stories just reminded me of some.

Everytime my dad loses his wireless internet connection he always asks me to fix it.
He never even loses his connection he just accidentally switches the wifi switch off.
Even time I switch it back he's like

My dad and uncle saw my brother's wireless Apple mouse on the table one day, and they were seriously perplexed on what it was.
They were debating on whether it was a phone or something
roll.gif

My dad and uncle saw my brother's wireless Apple mouse on the table one day, and they were seriously perplexed on what it was.
They were debating on whether it was a phone or something
roll.gif

Slightly unrelated but still in the ball park. I was at the Apple Store the other day and ended up waiting in line behind a 70yr old man that couldn't figure out how to turn his iPhone off. The employee behind the register literally spent about ten minutes holding down the top button over, and over, and over, and over. Seriously started to think I was on a hidden camera show.

Old Man: Wait? So how come when you press it, it turns off, but when I press it, the screen just goes off, but the phone doesn't turn off. Clerk: You have to HOLD it down. Old Man: So I just press it? [Repeat 8x]

Slightly unrelated but still in the ball park. I was at the Apple Store the other day and ended up waiting in line behind a 70yr old man that couldn't figure out how to turn his iPhone off. The employee behind the register literally spent about ten minutes holding down the top button over, and over, and over, and over. Seriously started to think I was on a hidden camera show.

Old Man: Wait? So how come when you press it, it turns off, but when I press it, the screen just goes off, but the phone doesn't turn off. Clerk: You have to HOLD it down. Old Man: So I just press it? [Repeat 8x]

my moms used to be horrible on the pc. it was a running joke at the house (and still is) that if she didnt know how to do something she would just start clicking stuff. now she's able to download music, swith movies up on netflix, update her itunes, check her email, etc.

my moms used to be horrible on the pc. it was a running joke at the house (and still is) that if she didnt know how to do something she would just start clicking stuff. now she's able to download music, swith movies up on netflix, update her itunes, check her email, etc.

this thread is hilarious

my mom one time had to scan and copy a bunch of papers on the printer and she came to ask me howcome its printing so slow and how to make it faster. I just told her you just have to wait and then she got mad and called my sister started pressing some buttons then said ok its faster now even though it was at the same speed.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

this thread is hilarious

my mom one time had to scan and copy a bunch of papers on the printer and she came to ask me howcome its printing so slow and how to make it faster. I just told her you just have to wait and then she got mad and called my sister started pressing some buttons then said ok its faster now even though it was at the same speed.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

My mom has no idea how to turn on or use a computer. My dad really only knows how to check his email (and use google) and type documents. He has to call me to change fonts, copy/paste, and things like that.

My mom has no idea how to turn on or use a computer. My dad really only knows how to check his email (and use google) and type documents. He has to call me to change fonts, copy/paste, and things like that.

Back
Top Bottom