What changes will/can Orlando make for next season?

Get rid of Patrick Ewing and they will win NBA championship and Dwight will become the greatest center of all time as soon as that happens, word to Bill Simmons and his 'Patrick Ewing Theory'. 
laugh.gif

Nah, on the real though, they need to beef up the post, IMO. No more shooters for this team, the team already has one too many shooters anyway. I don't know what their cap situation (especially they gave all their money to Rashard Lewis 
indifferent.gif
) is but they really should make a move to either Chris Bosh or Amar'e. Someone mentioned Iggy and that won't be too bad but compare to his skill, the dude is literally another version of Rashard Lewis. 

They also need to deal with Vince Carter. Vince never was 'that dude'. It's not being soft or whatever but how many times have he stepped up when he matter the most? He can be most explosive and prolific scorer but at the same time, he always come up short when it matters the most. 

Originally Posted by DMan14

pretty much stuck with that squad. i still shake my head when i they mention rashard and his contract.

svg will probably be the one who gets the blame, and get fired.

dwight still and probably will never develop an offensive game. teams gonna stay on the shooters and see if dwight can beat them by himself.

Co-signing this...

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Hardcore Sonics fans out there, was Rashard's defense that weak when he was a full time SF? Taking steroids or not, his length should be a positive on defense against shorter players.

Rashard has never been a defensive player, he struggles with closing out on shooters, he struggles with guys taking him off the dribble, at his best in seattle he was a solid spot up shooter, with a decent post game

1st step would be firing Stan Van Gundy.

2nd: Somehow get rid of Vince Carter.

3rd: Get Dwight Howard a better special assistant coach to teach him better post up moves & foot work. Heck if I were the Magic I'd make a call and see if Kareem would be interested in coaching him.

Magic fans if u want him back Hedo wants out of Toronto:
[h1]Raptors' Turkoglu wants to be traded[/h1]

Hedo Turkoglu told a Turkish television station he wants out of Toronto.

Turkoglu was close to signing with the Portland Trail Blazers last summer but reneged on a contract offer in favor of the Toronto Raptors. He struggled, averaging 11.3 points, his lowest total since the 2003-04 season.

[h4]Hedo Turkoglu[/h4][h5]#26 SF
Toronto Raptors[/h5]
2010 STATS
  • GM74
  • PPG11.3
  • RPG4.6
  • APG4.1
  • FG%.410
  • FT%.774

"When the circumstances turned against me, I lost my enthusiasm for this city," Turkoglu said in the interview. "My lawyers have talked to the front office recently. Honestly, I do not want to go back to Toronto. My lawyers talked to Mr. [Bryan] Colangelo and I hope that they will come up with a solution soon."

Turkoglu was a healthy scratch for the Raptors in late March. The decision to bench him came in the wake of reports he was out on the town immediately after missing a game due to a stomach virus. He was fined by the team.

"During this process I talked to [Raptors coach] Jay Triano several times," Turkoglu said in the interview. "I promised him that whether he starts me or not, I will do my best on the court. However, if I had a more temperamental personality, I would have left the team. Yet, I did exactly the opposite. I did my best. I told him that I have no problems with him. I am not a young player, so it's not a big deal for me to come off the bench."

Turkoglu, who signed a five-year deal with the Raptors last offseason, is owed $43.8 million over the next four years.

Link:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5232738

Originally Posted by iceNcream

Originally Posted by grittyman20

If I was GM/Owner....

• Trade Jameer.
  • Start Bass.
  • Rashard to the 3.
  • Move VC to a 6th man role.
  • Van Gundy must go.
If SVG goes what coach are we gonna get? There aren't any available coaches that are better than him. 

If Orlando didn't want to outright sign Hedo to a big contract in the first place, why would they now trade for him and have to give up assets?

People can laugh at Stan for his fear of neckties or his yelling, but he's a good coach. The team needs a closer. Vince can't be the long term choice, so I don't expect him to resign and that's part of the plan when they traded for him. If he works then great, if not, let him walk. Management loves Jameer so I can't imagine they move him. Rashard's contract is impossible to move so he's staying.

This recent playoff stretch should cement JJ's value to the team and I'd hope they resign him. The most likely thing you'd see is Gortat gets moved to a team desperate for a big man, package him with Pietrus or Barnes if he stays, and get a better wing player, maybe one with better defensive abilities than they have now. They could always luck out and find a nice gem late in the 1st round if they keep the pick too.

And this is all assuming Dwight doesn't have a miraculous off season and come back a changed player. I officially gave up on that pipe dream after this season, I figured after the 08 offseason with the Olympic Team he wouldn't have full time to work on his own game, but what was his excuse this past offseason? Fresh off a Finals loss I figured it was now or never with his improvements. I won't say he'll never improve his post game, but I don't expect to see a new D12 come next season, probably just small additions and refinements to his basic game.

I don't get to watch too many magic games outside of the playoffs but it's pretty clear to me that they need a legit  #1 go to scorer . They have some nice pieces in nelson, lewis, and obviously d12 along with a solid bench, but they need that closer. You look at all the past teams that won the chip, they all had a great closer. Kobe, Pierce, wade, and billups to name the most recent ones. In my opinion here is what they need to do in the offseason:
1. Bring in some type of big man coach to help d12 develop at least 1 go to move. The dude is a freak of nature, super athletic, I see no reason why he can't have 1 damn go to move! he's never going to be a great offensive player, but he really needs to improve if he wants to get his team over the hump.

2. Figure out what they are going to do with Gortat and Bass. Going into the season I had high expectations for both, and it seems like they didn't get any burn at all. Figure out if they are in the plans, if not move them or at least 1. I'm sure they can get a decent piece in return since solid big men are hard to find.

3. Make a trade for that #1 scoring option who can close games (which I know is hard to do) but if I were them nelson, gortat, vc (not sure on his contract situation, but maybe he can be used for some team looking to clear cap space if he's going into his final season?) bass, and whoever else would be made available for the right guy. 

I haven't read the thread at all and I'm sure it's been said but.. one thing : GET RID OF VINJURY.

Starting lineup should be Howard/Bass/Lewis/Redick/Nelson or whoever they find to replace him

I assume you're talking about a big man to never win a ring, but besides that, their game is nowhere near the same.

Dwight on his best day has never possessed the shooting touch of Patrick.

^He probably is.

I really hope they resign JJ, and trade either Gortat, Bass, or Anderson to free up some PT, and either Barnes or Pietrus.

They need a more consistent lineup and bench imo.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

I assume you're talking about a big man to never win a ring, but besides that, their game is nowhere near the same.

Dwight on his best day has never possessed the shooting touch of Patrick.

Yup, thats what I was refering to.  Ewing was a warrior though and arguably the best shooting big man ever,

Back
Top Bottom